See the Conference tracks:
Here is our third draft of the published programme with much more
detail. Have a look and get excited but remember
that things may yet change!!
- Extending our thinking about play with key sessions looking and thinking about play from different
- This is all about the thinking behind what we do as playworkers. From the classic playwork theories of
play types, play cycle, compound flexibility, loose parts to more complex joining up of ides that incorporate ideology and environment
- In playwork we make on offer to ALL children and according to the UNCRC children remain so until they are
eighteen. So what do we need to think about and understand in our work with the non primary school aged children?
- Whist playwork may have its accepted set of ‘Appropriate Intervention Styles’ there is much more that
needs to be considered in our everyday interactions with children and the how and when of our intervention in their play. This extends to the very existence of staffed settings and non traditional
places that the playwork approach is used
- A few sessions that give you the opportunity to think aabout and even do practical
- Hear from the new thinkers of today and tomorrow about how they are advancing our thinking about play and
- As if the offerings on Tuesday were not enough the Wednesday programme gives and stretches yet
- This track will look at early years, learning and play, forest schools and play in schools and what we
can learn from each other.
- Inclusion can be tokenistic and if we look at our settings can we honestly say that we are offering a
provision which is accessed by all parts of our community? What do we need to do to make our setting more accessible and we need to remember that inclusion is more than just
- There are always some bits and pieces that we can't ft in anywhere else. So here they
And here's the PDF version of the Journey Planner and the Visual Timetable all ready for you to look at and start planning your Conference!
There is no need to print them off as when you arrive at Conference you will be given your very own pretty copy.