- Use the scoop provided (or alternatively, a dessert spoon full) and measure out one scoop per cup (this is approx 10g, use two scoops/dessert spoons per mug). But don’t be afraid to experiment
here as you may like it a little weaker or stronger, find the dosage that suits your taste for each coffee origin! There will be an indication of how many cups each cafetiere holds.
- The water should be hot but not boiling. Pour the water onto the coffee grounds in the cefetiere. Pour slowly, and be sure to wet all the grounds to ensure all the flavour infuses evenly. Do not
overfill or it will explode in part 5!
- Stir gently for 10 seconds [that's one mississippi, two mississippi etc].
- Leave to stand for 3-4 minutes.
- Plunge down slowly. If you come up against resistance, gently lift plunger slightly then continue to push down.
- Leave for a few seconds to stand, then pour and enjoy immediately.
- If you must add sugar, milk or cream do it now.